What’s this all about
This section provides my opinions on the questions that generally invoke heated debates.
My opinion on each of these questions is based on thorough research. If you disagree with my opinion — please, think twice before trying to „enlighten” me. Most probably I’ve heard your arguments already, and have considered them unsound after detailed examination. It’s also possible (though rarely) that the differences in our opinions are rooted not in the errors of our reasoning, but in our core values. In that case we can discuss the differences to pinpoint the exact non-shared values. But arguing to convince me to change my mind is of course even more useless in this case.
If you are absolutely sure that you have a new argument which is both original and solid — feel free to drop me a line by email or a personal message through any social network. But please do not discuss it in the comments! Any arguments in the comments sections of the site on the topics specified on this page will be considered provocative and promptly deleted unless the opposite is clearly stated on a particular page (e.g. „What is your opinion on the use of genetically engineered plants in the agriculture? Feel free to comment below!”). Regular violators will be banned.
I share and support wholeheartedly the following ideas and values (I’m more enthusiastic about some of them and less about others, but the mean level of support is somewhere between outspoken advocacy and religious zeal):
- Secular humanism
- Secular state, abolition of all church privileges
- Capitalism and free market
- Minimal taxes, minimal state functions. The majority of all social risks should be insured only voluntarily.
- Most of services now provided by state, should be provided commercially by competing private businesses.
- Democracy, direct elections on all levels
- Civic nationalism, cultural unification, melting pot policy
- Meritocracy, prohibition of discrimination
- Limitation of IP (intellectual property) rights
- All extensively proven scientific theories not causing any controversy among the professionals (evolution, the Big Bang, relativity etc.)
- Technological progress
- GMO (genetically modified organisms) for food and other uses
- Genetic Engineering
- Human genome manipulation, human cloning
- Human cyborgization to treat disabilities or to improve natural body parts, organs and tissues
- Nuclear energy
- Legalization of abortions, euthanasia, prostitution, recreational drugs, most psychoactive substances
- Benevolence towards animals if possible (vegetarianism, giving up leather clothes etc.)
- Exploitation of animals if necessary (animal experiments, drug testing etc.)
Being a supporter of liberal values, I’m by no means implying that the supporters of the following views and values should be locked up, or made to wear special armbands/badges with crossed out brains on them. I strongly object to such ridiculous suggestions!
On the other hand, something has to be done about them.
My short list of heresies and thoughtcrimes:
- Any philosophical/religious beliefs that don’t hold human happiness and well-being and one of the core values
- Religion and especially its involvement in education
- Theocracy, state religion, any preferences (including tax exemptions) to religious organizations, any involvement of religious organizations in the functioning of state institutions
- Socialism, communism, high and/or progressive taxes, welfare state, mandatory social insurance
- Autocracy, oligarchy, complicated election procedures
- Ethnic nationalism, traditionalism
- Racism, fascism, chauvinism of any type
- Inheritance of authority and privileges
- Any IP rights (copyright, patents) after initial author’s death, patents on software and elements of user interface
- Pseudo-scientific nonsensical „theories” (intelligent design, telegony etc.), pseudoscience and parascience in general.
- „Back to nature” concept in any form
- Mandatory GMO labeling, organic farming
- Astrology, numerology, feng shui etc.
- New Age, New Thought, „Secret”, „reality transurfing”, „quantum psychology” etc.
- Homeopathy, „bioresonance”, „biofield therapy” & all other types of alternative medicine that have no evidence of safety and effectiveness whatsoever
- Aggressive animal rights and ecoterrorist organizations (PETA, Greenpeace, ALF etc.)
Please refrain from having such values and views while browsing this site.